Many patients tend to ask that can hemorrhoids bleeding and burst. The simple answer is yes because when the hemorrhoid is full of blood, it can burst. There are many other things too that you need to know about hemorrhoid bleeding how much is normal.
For patients, hemorrhoids may not cause any symptoms, but most of the patients have experienced itching, bleeding, burning, pain, and discomfort, especially when they are sitting.
Types of hemorrhoids
Usually, there are two major types of hemorrhoids:
- Internal hemorrhoids that are developed in the rectum
- External hemorrhoids that generally develop beneath the skin around the anal opening
Both types can cause a lot of discomforts, and if not taken care of at the right time, it can also form a blood clot in the vein. This health issue is not severe, yet the pain caused by hemorrhoids can bring you extreme discomfort. Due to blood clot in the vein, hemorrhoids can burst. Are bleeding hemorrhoids dangerous? Stay with us, and we will discuss more bleeding hemorrhoids treatment.
1. What happens when hemorrhoids burst?
Hemorrhoids bleeding how much is normal depend upon the situation as most of the time, it leads to a period of bleeding. When hemorrhoids are full of blood, you will feel more pain than the usual routine. As soon as hemorrhoids burst, you will feel relief from intense pain. The extreme pain is caused due to the extra pressure in the veins.
If hemorrhoid has burst, but you are not feeling any pain relief, then you are experiencing bleeding hemorrhoids instead of a burst hemorrhoid.
2. How are long hemorrhoids bleeding last?
The duration of the bleeding from burst hemorrhoids can last from a few seconds to several minutes. Most of the time, the bleeding from hemorrhoids lasts less than 10 minutes. If the bleeding continues for more than 10 minutes, then you need to go for a detailed checkup. The patient may also experience periodic bleeding during a bowel movement.
3. Burst hemorrhoids treatment
You may feel like there is a big issue due to the bleeding from hemorrhoids, but it may not require any bleeding hemorrhoids treatment. The best thing to do in such a situation is to take a hot bath to ease the pain and to keep the area clean so that it can heal without any infection.
Here are some simple steps to take a bath to ease the burst hemorrhoids and to stop the bleeding:
Steps to Bath for comfort:
- Make sure that water is not too hot.
- Take 3 to 4 inches of hot water in the clean bathtub.
- Soak the infected area in the moderately hot water for 15 to 20 minutes
- You can try putting your feet on the edge of the bathtub to make sure that the hemorrhoids area is fully soaked into the water.
- When you are done with the bath, use a soft towel to dry the area and don’t scrub too much.
Try these baths for the next few weeks and try to keep the area clean and will not have to worry about any hemorrhoids burst treatment.